The benefits of joining Leitrim PPN
- Valuable local and regional networking opportunities
- Greater access to regular community news and information through our social media & e bulletin (every 2 weeks)
- The opportunity to advertise members activities via the PPN newsletter & social media
- Highlighting of Training and Funding opportunities, Consultations & Submissions
- Potential to influence policy making decisions relevant to County Leitrim
- Linkage Groups bring together organisations with a common interest to discuss their views and interests in a specific policy area linked to Committee or Boards with PPN Representation. Each Member Group is encouraged to join one or more of the 3 PPN’s Linkage Groups.
Who can join Leitrim PPN?
To join the PPN, a group must:
- Be active in Leitrim County
- Have more than five (5) members
- Be non-party political and non-sectarian
- Have a minimum of six months in existence
Who can’t Join Leitrim PPN
Political parties may not join the PPN nor any organisations which have the aim of the promotion of a particular party or candidate.
Businesses or trade unions may not join the PPN – note this is not because we don’t like them, it’s because they or organisations representing their issues have already got their own seats on council committees and decision making bodies.